Chick Pea and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe


Chick Pea and Sweet Potato Curry via vegweb
Serves: 6 .. (For me, more like 3-4 good size portions ; )

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas (drained)
1 largish sweet potato, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 smallish onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 potato, chopped (I left this out)
curry powder to taste
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cubes of vegetable boullion (I used vegetable broth instead)
1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin and ground cardamon
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 table spoon of brown sugar

Directions:

1. Chop all the veggies about the same size as a chickpea.

2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, bell pepper, and
carrot in a little oil until soft (5 minutes).

3. Add chickpeas, both kinds of potato and spices. Cover and cook for
about 20 minutes until the potatoes are mostly done.

4. Sprinkle flour on top of veggies and stir while cooking for a few minutes.

5. Pour coconut milk in a bring to a simmer. Add in Brown sugar and
stir. Add Salt and pepper to taste.

6. Serve over brown rice.

My Notes: I used veg broth instead of the oil or veg cubes. Also, it says to let it sit covered for 20mins, but I dont see how it wouldnt get stuck to the pan, even non-stick. I just added the chickpeas and potatos as I cut, let it sit covered for 5 mins or so, then kept mixing as I added spices. I accidentally used double the amount of coconut milk (1 can), so I just cooked for longer and added extra spices, turned out good. Jared commented that he *really liked it* and it tasted like Indian food, but sweeter, which I attribute to the coconut milk and brown sugar.









0 comments :: Chick Pea and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe

Related Posts with Thumbnails